Cripple Creek Ice Festival
- This event has passed.
The Cripple Creek Ice Festival is a spectacular event. Come watch ice sculptors carve ice into beautiful works of art that will amaze you. Going on its 10th annual, the artistic theme of the Ice Festival changes every year. The 2017 theme is “Safari in Ice”. Themes have included a Mythological Wonderland, Story Time, Under the Sea, a Military Salute Carved in Ice, a Rocky Mountain Wonderland, the Old West and a Medieval theme.
The Cripple Creek Ice Festival features numerous fun events to enjoy throughout the two event weekends. Interactive sculptures are available for event attendees to climb on and to have a Kodak moment. Several sculptures are made just for kids, with a fun ice slide, an ice maze, and carnival-type games that are all made of ice. Street vendors have just the perfect thing to bring home as a memento of your visit here, and an ice bar with a liquor luge ensures you always have a refreshing beverage to enjoy. And don’t miss the Official Ice Fest Merchandise Store!
Live Music Both Weekends!
2/11 Exit West: 12 pm – 4pm
2/11 Southern Belle: 6pm – 10pm
2/12 Exit West: 12pm – 4pm
2/18 Trade Mark Infringement: 12pm – 4pm
2/18 Wheel House: 6pm – 10pm
2/19 Wheel House: 12pm – 4pm
Road closures will begin at 6:00am on Wednesday, February 8th to accommodate ice delivery and carving.
- Here is the schedule of road closures:
- 1st and Bennett to 3rd and Bennett, 2nd from Myers/Masonic to Carr: Feb. 8th – Feb. 28th
- 1st and Bennett to 5th and Bennett, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th from Myers/Masonic to Carr: Feb. 10th-12th – 17th-19th
- There will be access to the Aspen Mine Center and the Bronco Billy’s Parking Lot on Bennett Ave.
- Carving will begin the evening of Wednesday, February 8th.
- Vendors will begin set up on Friday, February 10th.
- There will be food, drinks, live bands and shopping! Please come join us for the festivities.